S.T.R.O.N.G WOMEN RIDE MOTORCYCLES
Women with inner beauty, where the belief exists ~ each life is meaningful.
We own powerful untold stories, revealing each woman’s truth,
reaching down into the eyes of her soul.
And as these women laugh, yearn, ache, cry, hope, grow, and flourish
The forces of life accomplish a victorious transformation.
And the secret of each lies in the motorcycle..for these women.
SMART ▪ TENACIOUS ▪ RADICAL ▪ OUTRAGEOUS ▪ NATURAL ▪ GRATEFUL
WOMEN WHO RIDE
Whether you have just become an Attending Member to the Women’s Motorcycle Summit Challenge, or you are still undecided, we would like to share with you, what your support accomplishes….and the impact it has on so many.
We would also like to urge you to consider supporting the Steel Horse Sisterhood by becoming involved:
JOIN US BY
- Attending one of our events. (Yes, there are more than one)
- Becoming a volunteer (we have the perfect place for you)
Graphic designers, content writers, social media buffs, brand ambassadors, sales specialists
For the SUMMIT – Volunteers to work in the Steel Horse Sisterhood Headquarters
Parking Lot Detail,
If working in the Non-Profit World excites you, send us a note to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Serving as a Board Member
- Donating to the Steel Horse Sisterhood Charities (email email@example.com)
Women do not attend, They Experience, the Women’s Motorcycle Summit Challenge
STEEL HORSE SISTERHOOD CHARITIES WOMEN’S INITIATIVE
- The SHSC Women’s Initiative, led by the S.T.R.O.N.G. Women of the Steel Horse Sisterhood, supports programs that support women.
- The issues we engage in, although contrasting, share the characteristics of issues deeply important to women.
- We know our World will not get better by itself.
- None will be solved easily and quickly, and none will be solved through our efforts alone.
- We do our work in collaboration with Sponsors and Volunteers, who join with us in taking risks while harnessing the transformative Power of Love.
- We strive to engage in a spirit of trust, communication, and transparency.
- Our unified efforts also depend on the support and resources of the women, and men of the motorcycle community, and beyond.
- The charities listed go through a rigorous set of criteria predefined by our Board of Directors.
Domestic abuse and sexual assualt are hard subjects to talk about.
The S.T.R.O.N.G. Women of the Steel Horse Sisterhood along with the Steel Horse Sisterhood Charities Board of Directors, Affiliate DIrectors, Executive Staff, Supporters, Sponsors and Friends are proud to have joined the NO MORE Campaign.
KNOW THE FACTS
The next time you’re in a room with 6 people, think about this:
- 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men experience violence from their partners in their lifetimes.
- 1 in 3 teens experience sexual or physical abuse or threats from a boyfriend or girlfriend in one year.
- 1 in 5 women are survivors of rape.
- 1 in 2 women and 1 in 5 men have experienced some form of sexual violence in their lives.
- 1 in 4 women and 1 in 6 men were sexually abused before the age of 18.
Looking for the citations for these stats? Click here.
Below are two charities that we urge other to support.
The mission of Realities For Children is to provide for the unmet needs of children who have been abused, neglected or are at-risk by uniting local businesses, youth agencies and the community in collaborative and mutually beneficial service.
Grace After Fire is ready to expand our program through teaching, developing, and listening to the woman Veteran and her needs upon returning home. We commit to assisting in her transition back into family life, achievements in the work place, and her pursuit of happiness. To our volunteers; we want to continue to show our great appreciation for the hard work that is essential to the process of healing our women Veterans. We would also like to encourage you to recruit friends and family as volunteers to build onto the foundation you have laid. As for our donors and sponsors; it is because of your contributions that war and trauma do not have to continue to negatively impact our women Veteran’s lives. With your donations funding our programs, we make significant changes in women Veteran’s paths to personal discovery. We do this not by putting a Band-Aid on the wounds of post-traumatic stress, military sexual trauma, depression, or substance abuse, but by giving time and space for women Veterans to listen, connect and heal with one another.